We received delicious donations for LSA families this Thanksgiving!
According to the latest survey from the New York City Coalition Against Hunger, nearly one in four children in NYC live in a home that can’t always afford to eat. We certainly experience this in our food pantry, which has seen an increase in demand for our services.
That is why we are so thankful to the following organizations for their fantastic gifts that will make this an extra-special Thanksgiving for our families!
- Ten classes at Horace Mann School held food drives to provide a week’s worth of groceries to ten LSA families.
- The Convent of the Sacred Heart School‘s PTA donated 50 apple pies for Thanksgiving dessert
- City Harvest donated 20 turkeys
- Students from P138 in East Harlem donated staples to our pantry, collected in a food drive
- The parish at St. Frances de Sales held a food drive and donated of 75 grocery bags of food staples to our pantry!
We also give special thanks to the students of the The Brearley School for donating 21 boxes of beautiful children’s books, which will feed the imaginations of the many children who visit LSA.