Our 2018 annual report is now available online. Together with you, our dedicated partners, board members, volunteers, and donors, we help thousands of families meet their basic needs for food, clothing, healthcare, education and a safe home.
Highlights from our 2018 Annual Report
- Our Advocacy and Food Pantry program continued to feed approximately 2,100 individuals a month, and was recognized for their good work with the Founding Member Award at the Food Bank for NYC Conference on Hunger and Poverty.
- Our Preventive Services program—in contract with the NYC Administration for Children’s Services—served 265 children.
- The Sharing Place Thrift Store upgraded their processes, installing a new merchant credit card machine and register, made possible through donations.
- Nursing provided health and wellness-based workshops to over 120 families.
- During the summer academy, the K-3rd grade enrichment program, as a part of the Parenting and Child Development program, worked to incorporate a literacy and lyrics component to help promote early literacy skills through rhyming and music. The segment provided extra academic support for the younger grades and was so successful that it was added to the following program year.
- The Mental Health Services program supported 70 families in 2018, through individual and group programming.
Thank you for all of your help in making 2018 a success!